Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's a Farmer To Do?



I have a few more weeks left before I go back into the vineyard to start the winter pruning. Tim does the wine-making, Kathryn does the marketing. So, what am I supposed to write in the blog when I have no farming to report? Nothing. I'll just post pictures from the past couple of months. The first is Tim pitching the grapes into the crusher/destemmer. The second is of the juice collecting in the tray after being squeezed by the press. I love watching the running juice and listening to it splashing into the tray. It seems like magic to me even though I know there was lots of work that went on before this. After all, it is the end result of my grape farming.
Oops! I guess I did find something to write about!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks - it's interesting to see pictures of the growing of the fruit and of the winemaking process. Most people have never seen either and wouldn't have the first clue where to begin. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete